A History of Effectiveness
A Democrat, Joe Ciresi is known in Harrisburg as a strong bipartisan leader who’s willing to work across the aisle to achieve what’s best for the district.
- When the House is in session, Joe proudly serves on these caucuses and committees:
- Local Government
- Policy Committee
- State Government
- Tourism & Recreational Development
- Southeast Delegation
- Bipartisan Film Caucus, Vice Chair
- Climate Caucus
- PA SAFE Caucus
- While reducing debt by over $125 million, Joe and his fellow board members moved Spring-Ford Area School District into the top 2% of Pennsylvania’s 500 public school districts. During his tenure, the district expanded the high school’s Advanced Placement program and implemented the nation’s first-of-its-kind Hybrid Learning Center.
In 2012, Spring-Ford received the National Blue Ribbon Award — the first in district history.
- Joe led the school board’s establishment of a student exchange program with Limerick, Ireland. This Limerick-to-Limerick partnership was created to expand the horizons of the student, and included a meeting with Ireland’s president and prime minister to discuss ways to enhance education.
- During Joe’s time on the school board, the district expanded engagement with parents and taxpayers — holding a town hall meeting and reaching out through social media. Joe has lobbied at the state Capitol in Harrisburg on several occasions regarding pension reform, fair funding of education, property tax reform and unfunded mandates.
- Joe has served for seven years as a board member of the Western Montgomery Career and Technical Center, including three years as chairperson. This school provides excellent opportunities for high school students to learn a trade or skill not offered at conventional four-year universities.
Joe Ciresi is a bipartisan leader who continues to help the people of PA 146 improve their community.
Make a Donation